Wednesday 25 July 2012

Edgewalker

Yay! 1,000 views! I know it's small potatoes, but it makes me feel important so I'll review one of my favourite cards today: Edgewalker.
Edgewalker
What I really like about this card is two-fold: its colour and its ability. Black/white is probably my favourite colour combination because both colours support each other's strengths and cover each other's weaknesses. The ability on this card is also just awesome. It makes your Cleric spells actually cost less coloured mana, something which is extremely rare in any card. Put 4 of these in a deck with Conspiracy and suddenly that Angel of Despair only costs 3. Toss in a Semblance Anvil and it only costs 1. Now, this does require you to run Conspiracy or a black/white Cleric deck (probably Orzhov-flavoured), so outside of those situations it's not that good. Also, it doesn't reduce the colourless mana you need to pay, so at best you're usually only saving 1-3 mana with one of these out. However, in the right circumstances, it's a really, really good card.

Pros: Reduces coloured mana costs for Clerics
Cons: Only reduces coloured mana, only works with Clerics
Rating: 3/5 

No comments:

Post a Comment