Sunday 24 March 2013

Artist: Darrel Riche

Time for another artist review! What is there to really say about Darrel Riche besides that his art is great? Well, he seems to have a predisposition to drawing people with with one arm up (Ana DiscipleDisruptive PitmageDusk UrchinsForcemage AdvocateGilt-Leaf Seer, and Lava Dart (I swear, it's Disruptive Pitmage in that art!)).

Best Art: Far Wanderings
Far Wanderings
Yeah, I know it's a common, and not that great of a common either, but I think this art is great. This is something that I'd like to have a 3' x 3' canvas painting of so that I can hang it on my wall. The simplicity of it is what makes the art great. Art doesn't have to be busy to be good.

Worst Art: Rorix Bladewing
Rorix Bladewing
Something about this art just doesn't feel right. Maybe it's because Rorix looks like a cross between a giraffe and a T-Rex or the fact that the wings look a little tattered, but I'm just not a fan of this art at all. 

Funniest Art: Phyrexian Infiltrator
Phyrexian Infiltrator
This art makes me giggle a little every time I see it. It looks like the Phyrexian Infiltrator just exploded out of some guy's chest and only now are the elves realizing it. I kind of wonder what the instructions were for the art on this card. It probably said "A phyrexian has infiltrated a group of elves" but didn't specify how it got there. Good on you Mr. Riche!

Darrel Riche's art is pretty top-tier. I can see why WotC has kept him around for so long.

No comments:

Post a Comment